For the last couple of weeks, we have looked at the concept of DOVOLUTION.
- Selfless acts
- Work a personal goal
Daily, we tried to accomplish something for each category above. I am slightly embarrassed to say I couldn’t do all 3 every day, every week. It was tough.
While I still believe it is early and we should not give up. Achieving one of each category was a goal in itself. So I thought, what if we step back for a second and build our DOVOLUTION muscles and stamina.
Here’s how we are going to do it. Keeping the idea of DOVOLUTION in mind (above) write down the following:
- What is it that you would like to accomplish?
- What daily act(s) will get you there? Remember to Keep It Simple.
- Hold yourself accountable
- Document daily
- Accountability buddy
I am hoping something like this will help. I know I need a contract to put on the fridge or something. I also I need someone to occasionally nag me if it’s really important. It’s only 21 days, what can it hurt?!
My suggestion is to pick a date and go with it. There is never really a perfect time. We just say that to ourselves to procrastinate. I do recognize that some of you may really need to wait until the beginning of September to start. Maybe right after Labor Day. Seriously, pick a start time that you know you will have more opportunity for success. In case you haven’t figured it out, I’m not running a challenge. This is just something I am doing for myself. I am happy to be someone’s accountability buddy if you don’t have one. I will even help more than one someones. And if there are enough, we can start a group or something. I just don’t want to worry about $ or anything like that.
So, what are some potential DOVOLUTIONS? Well, I could see things like:
- Lose weight: eat healthier by cutting carbs and adding fruits/vegs
- Lose weight: do cardio for at least 30 minutes per day
- Decrease mile time: run daily
- Volunteer: umm….I am not saying it twice.
- Learn more about ______: read 2 chapters a night
- Increase spirituality: meditate daily for 20 minutes
- Learn to crochet: watch a video and use that skill each day to produce that product
Other folks may want to learn how to use a new art medium, all the key phrases in a new language, or even a new skill for work. The important thing is you have 21 DAYS to show success. That means you need to KEEP IT SIMPLE. You aren’t going to be an expert in something by the end of those 21 days. But you CAN set a goal and achieve it.
And together, we CAN start a DOVOLUTION!
Stay tuned for more on Accountability Buddies and things you can do to help someone else achieve their goals.